Wednesday 1 March 2017

Call Back by Denise Grover Swank

REVIEWED BY Monique Cashmere 


Call Back (Magnolia Steele Mystery #3)Call Back by Denise Grover Swank
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have never been a person that needs the latest and greatest when they first come out, until I started reading books. I want to read them straight away because I just can't wait any longer to know what is going to happen after reading the synopsis. It can come back and bite you if it is a series and you have to wait longer for answers, but it is a great feeling when you have loved the book, and spent the afternoon trying to work out what is coming next. Case in point......Call Back.

This is book three, and there have been many questions answered up till this point but as we know how wicked Denise's mind works, there is plenty left unanswered to bring the fourth book to a smashing finish. It is hard to write a review and not give away any spoilers, so I will try and tell you how clever this book and series is. Each book is setting up for the grand finale but there are also little mysteries within that get solved. There are twists that I didn't see coming and quite a few gasps. So all in all, a great mystery series.

The characters are superb. I just adore Maggie (Magnolia) and how her mind works. She is a strong spirited woman who found out in this book that she is more like her mother than she anticipated. She is independent but also very vulnerable to her insecurities and phobias. Who cares she can't really cook, she can sing like an angel. Then we have the sexy detective, Brady who is trying to solve a murder case but has to keep secrets from Maggie because of his job. Belinda, Mags' sister in law, seems to have her own agenda in this book. I can see them being BFF's by the end of book four. And of course, we can't forget Cole........ah Cole......the blonde haired blue eyed jack of all trades singer. If these two were real life people, I would want to go and see their concert! Nashville here I come!

As stated, this is book three so you will have to of read the first two before start this one. If you have read books one and two and were wondering if you should carry on.....hell yeah! So many layers get peeled and the last ones are going to be a doozy. I can't get enough of this series - the settings, the characters and the mind ticking entanglements. And lastly, I never choose a book by its cover, but I simply love these!

*I received a copy for an honest review.
**Reviewed for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews




No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...