Thursday 30 March 2017

Honor and Pride by Ann Lister

REVIEWED BY Joanne Swinney 



Honor and Pride (Guarding The Gods, #2)Honor and Pride by Ann Lister
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

You learn something new everyday especially while reading. I had no clue what hazing meant and I was shocked to read about it.
Although there was a few tense moments in this story and I was hanging on the edge of my seat with shaky hands flicking through the pages, Ann Lister dealt with the storyline with sensitivity and empathy.
I’ve completely fell in love with Nick Honor’s character AKA Fizzbo. He’s the kind of alpha male we all dream about. Strong, loving, tender when needed, but also he’s passionate and oozes sex appeal. His filthy mouth had me smiling, oh yeah, I was into Fizzbo’s dirty talking right along with Kensey. He sure knows how to get the adrenaline pumping through your body.

Kensey Pride is a little sex bomb, he’s like a fiery rocket ready to shoot literally. Fizzbo sure knows how to work him up. Kensey’s has a past like most of us, but his is a little more sordid than most. I tried not to judge him until I had the full story, but I was shocked to hear what he had been involved with. I know through school and college it’s tough to get through it without being dragged into something. So many people can be ridicule for not taking part. Being bullied is always another fear many people face. None of it is acceptable but each person going through their own thing will deal with situations not all of us will agree to. I do hope that one day hazing is a thing of the past.

Fizzbo had me laughing out loud quite a few times in the beginning of this book, he has a great sense of humor. He and Kensey do make a perfect fit. Both seriously good looking, fun guys, loving. Both deserve a chance at happiness.
This new spin off series from The Rock Gods just keeps getting better. I don’t know how this Author manages to make the sexiest stories come to life while dealing with very serious situations. I’m really looking forward to hearing Mason’s story. These guards are most definitely turning out to be the hottest guards in the Rock world.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...