Tuesday 7 March 2017

Secretary Turned IT Girl by Melinda Pollard

REVIEWED BY Monique Cashmere



Secretary Turned It GirlSecretary Turned It Girl by Melinda Pollard
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I really don't know how to tell you what I just read. It felt like I was reading someones diary, and not in a good way.

Let's start from the beginning. Sophie is in a job that has turned into a nightmare for her. Her boss is indifferent and the office manager, Susan is a cranky older woman. Sophie has a lot of things to think about, whether to stay in a job she dislikes and has no respect given to her. Personally, I would have left long ago, but she takes her allotted holiday time to go on a cruise. Whilst on the cruise, she decides to quit her job which is too toxic for her. Once she returns home, she is offered a job from her friend Tom to come work for him. It's a dream come true for her, and to top it off, she falls for Tom and he proposes. The End.

The love story of these two didn't have any depth. She is friends with Tom for a while and nothing progresses and with in a matter of weeks, they are together, he offers her a job and proposes. There was no lead up, no angst and pretty much nothing with substance at all. She actually came across as a very self absorbed and materialistic gold digger. Regardless, the whole cruise story line felt out of place and pointless. I didn't understand how it affected the story. And I have no clue as to why it has this title. What's an It Girl? Someone who gets engaged, someone who gets a great job? Someone who lands a millionaire? All very confusing indeed. I am sorry to say, this book was not for me.

*I received a copy for an honest review.
** Reviewed for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...