Thursday 18 May 2017

Barely Breathing by Katerina Bray

REVIEWED BY Monique Cashmere



Barely Breathing (Shattered Souls Trilogy Book 1)Barely Breathing by Katerina Bray
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

When I was asked to review this book, the synopsis drew me in. I love characters that beat all odds and still survive. That they find their inner strength and have personal growth while still being their true self. And that along the way, they find a person that truly believes in them. Strong, confident and bada$$ characters. This book is mostly that. I feel the story line is a good one. It had very sad aspects but also a sense of new life. The banter between the main couple for the most part was fun. And a setting in a state that I have visited is also a bonus for me.

Some of the things I struggled with were the drug references. I fully understand people who suffer from anxiety need to take medication but I didn't like that it was to a huge extreme, and not responsibly. I also feel that the story line could have been a little faster, as I was losing interest and was getting annoyed with the slow burn. Even the strongest characters need to lean on their friends for support and not push people away constantly.

Things to note, this book has triggers that some will find confronting. It is also a trilogy that will end on a cliffhanger. Great work for a debut novel.

*I received a copy for an honest review.
**Reviewed for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...