Tuesday 16 May 2017

Captain by Lauren Rowe

REVIEWED BY Monique Cashmere 



CaptainCaptain by Lauren Rowe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

There were certain elements to this book that I loved. I adore a man who treasures his family and has lots of banter with them. Even with the nicknames got out of hand, I still wanted to be a part of this family dynamic. I love when a book is in dual POV and when the secondary characters have a lot of action to the story. I also enjoyed the setting of the story from Seattle to Maui, that island holds a special place in my heart.

The two main characters, Ryan and Tessa, met in a bar when Tessa was out for a good time with her bestie, Charlotte. It takes a lot of searching on Ryan's part to finally catch up with Tessa again, but fate ultimately kicked in for him. For two smart people, I did find it annoying it took so long for them to connect the dots and this made for parts of the book to be a little repetitive. The connection between the two was extremely high, and I found at times I had to fan myself it was so hot. Although some of the name calling in the heat of the moment was a turn off.

This is my first book by Lauren Rowe, and certainly won't be my last. I have Keane's story on my kindle ready to go and I am looking forward to it. Even though this book is classified as a standalone, I did feel I was missing out on something..... like I missed a party somewhere along the way and didn't feel I was apart of the team. No biggie though, it only makes me want to go and read all her books.


*I received an arc for an honest review.
**Reviewed for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...