Thursday 25 May 2017

A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard 


A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3)A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

This was a different ride to the two previous books in the series but it delivered. The focus was strategy and war which was complex but so cleverly plotted and written. I feel this book provided consistency in quality and didn't dip like some trilogies do at this point.

There is a lighter romantic touch to ACOWAR but the depth of love is solid, desperate and tangible. Feyre has been on such a journey as a character and what a woman she has become, a woman I admire and love as a favourite character. Rhysand was wonderful and the cast of strong side characters rocked this book, namely Nesta, Cassian and others. Dare I say, I both loved and feared some of the monsters in ACOWAR and cried over others. The creatures are described so skillfully that this is fantasy that has a 3D feeling.

I'm sad on the one hand that this first trilogy instalment is over, but I'm excited about who will feature in the next three. I have hopes about who will be the main characters, however I trust Maas to deliver. I will re-read without doubt.

This was an audio listen and I was worried about the narrator change but Amanda Leigh Cobb seamlessly slipped into the role which is admirable on book three. Great narration from start to finish.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews
http://www.audible.co.uk/listener/Kindling-Micky/A2OKSANI1041IT/ref=a_listener__c1__sprImg_lp?asin=

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...