Monday 1 May 2017

Lovestruck by Lila Monroe


REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar 


LovestruckLovestruck by Lila Monroe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Lovestruck by Lila Monroe
3.5*

Lovestruck is the story of Ruby and Will and is a second chance romance. Back in the college days they had a friendship which developed into something more for Ruby. She devised a clever plot to let Will know her feelings and left him a note but signed it using an alias that she thought he would recognize. The next morning she hears Will making fun of the note and, being beyond hurt and disappointed, disconnected herself from him completely without another word.

They meet again when Ruby is at the airport about to board a flight for her best friends wedding and discovers Will on the same flight. They reconnect on the plane and sparks start flying all over again. Ruby being Ruby tries to nip those feelings in the bud until she just can't resist Will anymore.

I did enjoy this book although not as much as I have enjoyed Monroe's books previously. I found Lovestruck lacking in some areas: there were still some laugh out loud moments but they were fewer and farther between for me. I guess I'm used to laugh out loud from the belly kind of romances from this author and this was more of a little chuckle here and there. I don't think I could completely believe the romance between Ruby and Will: sure, there was a lot of steam and a lot of sexy times which was great but I couldn't believe the romance aspect. I guess it felt a little rushed in that regard. I generally love this authors writing but this book definitely fell little short for me. I'm looking forward to Monroe's next book and hope it delivers her usual abundance of RomCom.

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/RCO3RZNKZ2W7H/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_r

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R2JMO0P8BQZVTE/ref=pe_1572281_66412651_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...