Wednesday 31 May 2017

The Friar by Samantha A. Cole


REVIEWED BY Tina Shobe


The FriarThe Friar by Samantha A. Cole
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Samantha A Cole has a way of pulling a reader into the story that makes the reader feel like the book is happening around them. Even though, The Friar, is not the usual type of book I'm used to reading from her as I was reading it it had the same effect on me.

After Adam Westfield, a former Franciscan Friar, is released from prison he wanders wherever life takes him doing odd jobs until he feels the need to move on.

That how he came to be at Sage Hammond's ranch when she is threatened by another rancher to sell her ranch. He intervened and their story takes off from there. Sage is a widow raising two young kids trying to save the ranch that has been in her husband's family for many years.

Someone wants the ranch at all cost. Adam and Sage are working hard to try to save the ranch and at the same time try to discover who wants the ranch enough to destroy others in their path.

I absolutely love the characters in this book. Adam is one of the most honorable men I know. Went to prison doing what others would consider as an act of heroism. He also kept a young kid from testifying so they would have to 'relive' what had happened.

Sage is just about working herself to the point of exhaustion after the death of husband doing everything she can to save the ranch. It would of been so much easier for her to sell. She's one very strong woman.

I like that this story didn't focus a lot on sex. Not that there wasn't any...there was plenty of sizzle. It has a strong story line that has a build up of intrigue that had me guessing on who wanted the ranch, why they wanted it and if Sage and Adam were going to survive. I love books that pull me in and don't let go.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...