Saturday 13 May 2017

Joy Ride by Lauren Blakely

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard


Joy RideJoy Ride by Lauren Blakely
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a delight start to finish, with substance, great humour, banter and chemistry. I really enjoyed getting the sole male POV in the form of Sebastian York, it didn't feel lacking for not having a dual POV.

The context for this audiobook was unusual, set in the up-market car customisation business. Max is the NY king in this business and his ex-protege returns to the city working with his rival. In some ways, Max and Henley were a second chance story, even though technically they'd never romantically connected when they first worked as mentor and learner. What made this story excel was the strong, full-of-spark heroine, Henley. She held her own in this male-dominated world and there was so much to like about her. The chemistry and dialogue between these two set off fireworks and at other times had me laughing in my car at their banter but there was respect; that sold me on these two. There was a realism to their connection and the storyline was fun but at times there was a serious story to tell.

The narration was perfect. Whilst I've listened quite a bit to Sebastian York's narration, he does have the knack of owning the characters and in this he captured Max's off-hand ways alongside the sinking into love side of Max.

These two were a stellar couple and there's a nice little set up for the next book. This series gives me that light, humorous and hot combination that works so well and I'm looking forward to going back and experiencing the ones I've missed on audio.

A copy of this audiobook was provided by the author in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

http://www.audible.co.uk/listener/A2OKSANI1041IT?ref_=a_lib_mst_tnaft_5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...