Tuesday 2 May 2017

Serenity by Janet Nissenson

REVIEWED BY Tina Shobe



Serenity (Inevitable, #5)Serenity by Janet Nissenson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Matthew walks into a situation that no spouse ever wants to be in. After years of living his life for others it finally gives him the strength to start living life for himself. Having survived a relationship that dealt with the same issue I felt I really connected with Matthew and could feel his despair.

He previously met Sasha at a friends wedding and they reconnected when his friend's gave him her information to get a massage. This two seems to have deep connection right from the start. Sasha fought against it for quite awhile as she has a strong ethic about not mixing work with pleasure.

Sasha had turbulent childhood because of her parents. They had a very strong love/hate relationship. She's made a life for herself without turmoil and intends to keep it that way.

These two seem to be going along strong until Matthew's estranged wife has his daughter pulling a stunt that sucks Matthew back in to be there for his kids. Wow, is all I can say about his wife. She is just unbelievable.

I cheered when Matthew left his wife, his determination to work a very demanding career and still have time for his kids but then boo'd when he was a sucker and fell for his wife's ploy.

I really felt for Sasha when they split. She loved Matthew enough to not make him chose between his kids and her.

The only thing I didn't like about this book was that it took Matthew too long to play hard ball with his wife so that he and his kids to have a happy future without her drama.

Serenity is book 5 in the Inevitable Series. It can be a stand alone. I read the first 2 books in this series prior to reading this book and had no trouble following along and enjoying this book. We do revisit with characters from the the previous books and I feel if you read the books in order you'll get more depth from the series. I fully intend to go back and finish reading the series because it really is a good one. I think this book is very well written.



View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...