Thursday 25 May 2017

Buns by Alice Clayton

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard 


Buns (Hudson Valley, #3)Buns by Alice Clayton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 "Awesome. Incredible. Mind-blowing. Frustrating. Pretentious. Obnoxious. Freckles." Stars

BUNS was pure delight from cover to cover with characters who provided immediate connection between them and reader and a hate to something-else connection between themselves. The storyline was just engaging and I bought into it completely.

Alice Clayton brought a new friend, Clara 'Ms Morgan' into the scene and she was totally different to Roxie and Natalie (who we see with their respective partners repeatedly). She was small, atheletic, competitive, competent, bossy and untouchable. I loved her so quickly but what I loved even more was the discontent between her and the hotel owner who's business she had come to revamp, Archie 'Mr Bryant'. Archie drew me in and had me swooning simultaneously.

"Archie had taken off his jacket, loosened his tie and rolled up his sleeves. Which just made my eyes flicker back and forth almost nonstop to his forearms. I was a sucker for forearms. Forget the forearm. No, you forget the forearm."

These two were like two pincushions around one another but oh man, the chemistry. It was slowly burning and I was slowly burning too. There were two tangible backstories for Archie and Clara which just made the read so much richer.

"He laughed then, and it was magic. And it was into this magic that I did walk over to him, reach up toward him, not with my lips but with my hand, and gently brush back the shock of auburn hair that's had fallen down over his forehead. He closed his eyes, then instantly leaned into my touch, almost like a cat. When was the last time someone had touched this guy?"

I can say three books in, that this is my favourite series by Alice Clayton and that Oscar sure has a rival in Archie. The writing and wit was superb and I just lived the reading experience as you do with the best kind of books. A definite favourite of 2017.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher through netgalley, in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


https://www.amazon.com/review/R4CTCPPTPW16R/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01MPZ8VC1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...