Tuesday 16 May 2017

Captain by Lauren Rowe

REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar 



CaptainCaptain by Lauren Rowe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Captain by Lauren Rowe

When I first saw this book being promoted, I immediately requested an arc. I've only read Ball Peen Hammer by Rowe previously and I knew, well, I hoped, I'd be taken on a fun journey again. What I didn't realize that this was the story for Ryan - brother to Keane - from BPH! and I was thrilled to get back to the Morgan family!

Captain Ryan Ulysses Morgan meets the stunning, witty, sexy 'Samantha' at a bar one night and sparks are literally flying across the page at this first encounter. Unfortunately, Ryan's *very* recent (and slightly psychotic) ex gatecrashes the evening and spouts her poison and Samantha leaves believing the man of her dreams is an untrustworthy liar and master manipulator. While she spends the next few months wistfully thinking of Ryan, he wastes no time using his brother in laws' many connections to try and locate her and make her understand what really happened. He's absolutely floored when he spots her in the last place he expects to - Hawaii, at his sisters wedding where demands some answers.

While the characters were overall quite likable and easy to relate to, I really felt like giving them a smack or three throughout! All the secrets and half-assed truths drove me to borderline insanity. But still, I continued and thoroughly enjoyed. What I find I'm loving most about these books is the strong family and friendship connections. There's no bitchy best friend or family issues to add drama and I love that - frankly, the characters manage to create enough drama on their own. It's just good, honest writing. I mentioned Ball Peen Hammer earlier but you can read these as complete standalones and in no particular order. I'm definitely enjoying this authors writing style and would recommend both books. But I still need to go back and read The Club series!

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews


https://www.amazon.com/review/R1ID4CJTXGKC3H/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R2R1LDKCAWC5VU/ref=pe_1572281_66412651_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...