Tuesday 6 March 2018

Marriage of Inconvenience by Penny Reid



REVIEWED BY
Melinda Lazar 


Marriage of Inconvenience (Knitting in the City, #7)Marriage of Inconvenience by Penny Reid
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Marriage of Inconvenience by Penny Reid

Oh wow. What a wonderful ending to an amazinggggggg series! The story of Dan and Kat has been brewing foreverrrrrr and finally we have it in our hot little hands and boy, does Reid deliver!

After a huge misunderstanding over two years ago, Dan and Kat have been friends but not friendly if you know what I mean. However, the simmering attraction and the feelings they had for each other never died and when Kat finds herself in need of a husband, she - with some gentle nudging - turns to Dan. Dan being Dan doesn’t hesitate for a single second to agree with whatever it is Kat needs. For me, that was the first of *many* swoony moments.

Reid has issued copious warnings about the amount of swearing Dan does throughout this book and it’s been no exaggeration. I personally consider myself well-accomplished in the usage of f-bombs and even I had to highlight some of his more interesting combinations! Swearing aside, Dan, The Security Man was utter perfection in a gorgeous package: he was protective but not overbearingly so, he was deliciously sexy, he was funny, he had a strong sense of family. I could go on and on but what I loved most was how he felt about his Kit-Kat and what lengths he would go to for her. Despite his feelings, I loved that he wouldn’t compromise what he wanted just to have her (which makes no sense but refers to the aforementioned misunderstanding). He’s pretty much everything you could want in a hero but also comes with his own set of issues.

I didn’t really feel like I knew Kat based on what I’d read in the previous books but obviously now I know her well enough to be bffs. How can I put this without sounding like I pity the poor little rich girl? Given her life circumstances, I felt for her. Hugely. But then I was overcome with her strength and resilience that pity for her didn’t even enter my mind. She’s strong and independent. When backed into a corner, she’s claws her way out. She’s made mistakes and she owns them. She has a very gentle and vulnerable side but a spine of steel when needed.

I loved the slow burning romance in Marriage of Inconvenience. I loved Dan and Kat. I loved everything about their relationship. I love that Reid doesn’t shy away from tackling some serious issues. I love that each time I read a Reid (hah!), I learn something new. I love that we got a bit from the other couples in the series and the final wrap-up. I just loved it all. What did I not love? Just the fact that it’s over! I’m hoping that Reid will take pity on us and give us another glimpse in the future but in the meantime, I’m going to plan a series reread.

Brava on a brilliant end to a favorite series.

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews


https://www.amazon.com/review/R1R0QAE93C4JUP/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...