Tuesday 6 March 2018

The Best Medicine by Charlotte Fallowfield

REVIEWED BY 
Tina Shobe


The Best Medicine (Dilbury Village #3)The Best Medicine by Charlotte Fallowfield


When you have a book that the main character, Charlie Faulkner, is an author of romance novels that lean toward erotic, how can it not be a great book.

Charlie has moved to the small town of Dilbury. During this book we get to meet and get to know her new neighbors. They add an extra layer of warmth and laughter to this story.

Poor Charlie is the most accident prone person I know. If it's going to happen it's going to happen to her. Due to her injuries she has ended up in the Accident/Emergency Room. On her very first visit she is treated by the very sexy Dr. Guy Fitton (McFitty) and is instantly consumed by throughts of this man and what her future is going to be with him.

Through many pizza deliveries Charlie gets aquainted with Kitt, the deliveryman. He has moved back home to take care of his mom, who has alzheimer's. What I love most about Charlie's character is that she sees beyond Kitt being a pizza deliveryman. She sees him as a person. They get to become best friend's. I could just tell as I read a long that these two were meant to be together. Charlie is so blind to her McFitty obsession that she can't see what is right in front of her. By the time she realizes it, it might just be too late.

I absolutely LOVE what Charlie does to McFitty when she finally realizes just what a cad he is. I was cheering!

My goal in life is to be just like Daphne when I am in my 80's. She just added so much humor to this book. Love her character!

The Author Charlotte Fallowfield writes in British English (she does note this at the very beginning of the book) which I struggled a little bit with the terms and slang but felt right at home when Quinn comes into the story and we struggled together. I think it added some hilarity and didn't take anything away from the story for me.

The Best Medicine is book 3 in the Dilbury Village Series. Personally I think it can be a stand alone. Previous to reading this book I have not read the other books in the series and I had no problem following along. I do however feel I would of gotten a better understanding of the other characters in the book, knew their background a little better if I had read them in order. In the epilogue I did get a little lost about who some of the characters were but I don't think they were in past books I think they are going to be in future books. Did that irritate me....no, just making me do a count down until the next book is out.



View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...