Wednesday 28 March 2018

The Front Range Butcher by R.Weir

REVIEWED BY
Tina Shobe




The Front Range Butcher (Jarvis Mann Detective #6)The Front Range Butcher by R. Weir
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Front Range Butcher is book 7 in the Jarvis Mann Detective Series. Personally I think it can easily be a stand alone. Even though there are several characters from previous books that come into play in this book the author does such a great job describing them and how they interacted previously without going into too much detail that you don't feel like you a missing something. Though, I highly recommend you do read all the other books only because I really like this series and it gets better with each book. You also get a better understanding on how Jarvis' character has evolved from book to book.

Jarvis Mann is a private detective and in this book you can really tell his reputation is causing him to get more and more of a following. He's getting more in demand for jobs. Which is great for him as at the beginning of the series he was barely scraping by financially.

His sarcastic personality comes across quite well in this book. It had me chuckling a few times when others just weren't too thrilled with it. It's a wonder sometimes he doesn't just get punched for it.

As a reader I felt I got quite a bit of a bonus in this book. There were 3 different jobs being investigated. The author did a great job with them as they overlapped each other but you were able to easily follow along without getting confused as to the details of each case. My brain was going on overload trying to figure out 'who done it' in each case. Loved the fact that just when I thought I had it figured out there would a twist.

Also loved the danger element. There was a couple times that I was practically at the edge of my seat as I was reading along as I felt either Jarvis was going to get seriously injured or killed.

Great job, R.Weir, you have outdone yourself with this one! Can't wait till the next book in the series!



View all my reviews


Bookbub:  https://www.bookbub.com/reviews/4048695149





1 comment:

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...