Wednesday 28 March 2018

Come a Little Closer by Kim Karr

REVIEWED BY
Monique Cashmere 



Come A Little CloserCome A Little Closer by Kim Karr
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5* Don't Judge a Photographer by his Cover!

I have to admit, at first I found it a bit hard to follow and when the storyline was unfolding, I worried it was going to take me to a place I wasn't happy to visit........ but wow, boom, bang..... a chapter or two later and I was hooked - bit time! Even though I guessed one part of the plot early on, I needed to work out the how and why, which means I was captivated the whole way. This book is a little different to what Ms Karr writes, it is a little darker but it still has all the other elements you will be expecting. It has mystery, romance, humor and some steamy sex scenes. At times I was giggling or full on laughing, others I was a little angsty as to what was about to happen. I was intrigued by the storyline with its twists and suspense and I was also bewitched in the love story of Jaxson and Sadie.

Sadie is a good girl, trying to overcome her upbringing, then a series of events and a very bad decision lands her in big trouble. Now she thinks she is a bad person. Good guy Jaxson, feels it is overrated, so for the last 12 months is being a little selfish and dipping his toe on the dark side, in being bad. A one nightstand after some drinking goes very wrong for him, and he too is now in a bind. They must both learn to trust again, before either can amend the wrongs. I loved both these characters immensely. I loved Jaxson's dirty mouth, and I adored Sadie's sass. I enjoyed the little slow burn we got from them and even though I revel in a good romp, sometimes less is more. Overall, it is a great book that I highly recommend you give a go.

*I’m grateful for the early copy provided by the author for my honest opinion.
**Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...