Tuesday 6 March 2018

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

REVIEWED BY 
Micky Barnard 


Shatter MeShatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've been wanting to read SHATTER ME for a few years and I found it fresh and full of potential. This story delivers on dystopia, military context with a young army, a dictator and a girl with unusual powers. It takes a moment or two to orientate yourself to the context and Juliette’s captive scribblings but once you do, it’s absorbing.

Now I'm finished, I'm only a little into the journey of Juliette, her life, her captivity, her dangerous 'gift' and her connection with Adam. The relationships are duplicitous and yet convincing of their value. There are side characters that are rich and potentially may come more into the fore, I think. I really wanted to get under the skin of Adam in particular, whilst enjoying some of the cloudy nature of Juliette. Her emotion and desperation completely shone though, especially with the journaling.

It was a sometimes complex premise for a story but considering this is a series, it provides the potential for so much future content, I’m happy to invest in this. I'm really looking forward to working my way through the novellas and the rest of the books.

I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...