Wednesday 7 March 2018

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW: Safe and Sound by Lucy Lennox and Sloane Kennedy. Narrated by Michael Pauley




REVIEWED BY
Isa Jones

"POWERFUL and UNFORGETTABLE "
Overall
Performance
Story
Where does Safe and Sound rank among all the audiobooks you’ve listened to so far?
This has been one of my favourite Audio books. I love anything written by Sloane and Lucy, but the enjoyment was the powerful emotions that Michael Pauley gave to the characters. He brought them to life. The story is rich and deals with so many strong elements like abuse and bereavement but both Authors just know how to encase these and project them to us the readers. 

What other book might you compare Safe and Sound to and why?
I really can't compare it to anything as I believe the story to be original and completely mesmerising. 

Which scene was your favorite?
It is hard to pinpoint one particular passage from the book but if I had to select one is Aiden helping Ash read the letter from his heart donor. It reduced me to tears and I was a complete and utter blubbering mess. 

Did you have an extreme reaction to this book? Did it make you laugh or cry?
As I mentioned above this book made me feel so many emotions. It's almost like after having read any of these Authors books I am ready to take on the world and fight any obstacle that comes my way. 

Any additional comments?
Even as I finish listening to the story, and the last page has been heard, the characters are still vividly in my head. Aiden and Ash are now part of the long list of characters who I will forever remember and who's story I will always cherish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...