Wednesday 21 March 2018

Wanderlust by Lauren Blakely

REVIEWED BY
Monique Cashmere



WanderlustWanderlust by Lauren Blakely
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Le grand amour! 4.5*'s

What is the best way to get over a break-up?
Move to Paris and start a new job.
What is the best way to get over grief?
Move to Paris for a year and learn to live life again.
That is how Griffin and Joy stubble across each other in the city of love. He is a British linguist who becomes American Joy's interpreter for her new job. This book is full of romance, filled with hope and copious amount of enlightenment. It was a joy to read - pun intended.

So many things made me happy when reading this book. I felt like I was there with Joy discovering Paris for the first time, and searching out with her the best places to eat and see. I even had to look up a map of Paris so I could get a better feel of where she and I were going. I also got a big kick out of Griffin and how he could speak fluent French, and I am sure I mispronounced many of the sayings, but had fun trying.

The story was one of a sweet instant love, and then trying to make it work with many obstacles in their path. It didn't have as much humor as I was expecting from a Lauren Blakely novel, but it was a pleasant change of pace. There really aren't many secondary characters, it is solely on Griffin and Joy's conte but her next release has Christian and Elise's histoire.

*I was grateful for the copy from the author for my honest opinion.
**Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...