Thursday 22 March 2018

Wait With Me by Amy Daws


REVIEWED BY
Melinda Lazar 

Wait With MeWait With Me by Amy Daws
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Wait With Me by Amy Daws

I started this book and by the end of chapter one, I’d messaged a friend to stop whatever she was reading and start this straightaway - it was just that good!

Kate, aka Mercedes Lee Loveletter, is experiencing a terrible case of writers block. She quickly figures out that her creative juices seem to flow quite nicely in the Customer Comfort Center of Tire Depot and takes to toiling her days away, drinking free coffee and consuming an alarming number of baked goods while writing all the words. Here she meets one the of the mechanics of Tire Depot, the licorice smoking Miles. They get to know each other and develop a great friendship but while there’s an obvious attraction between them, Miles is very clear that he wants to stay just friends and not progress to more than. Considering the drama of his previous relationship, I could understand his somewhat flawed logic but still wanted to give him a good kick.

The first fifty percent of this book was five stars all the way! I read it all with a huge smile on my face and a refusal to put the book down. The second half of the story was slightly less enjoyable but only because I really wanted to smack Kate into telling Miles the truth. One thing that amused me greatly is that my brother in law is a mechanic and bless his brake fluid covered heart, but he is the complete antithesis of a book boyfriend and doesn’t look a damn thing like I imagine Miles does!

I think Wait With Me was such a great book and I’m hoping Daws writes about some of the characters we met here.

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews


https://www.amazon.com/review/R1JC2N88A6HA04/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R3LSJRVA3ZLRFZ/ref=pe_1572281_66412651_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...