Wednesday 28 March 2018

Hurts to Love You by Alisha Rai


REVIEWED BY
Micky Barnard 


Hurts to Love You (Forbidden Hearts, #3)Hurts to Love You by Alisha Rai
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3-3.5 stars

After reading books one and two immediately before this final conclusion, I had very excitable hopes for Eve and Gabe’s book. I think I might have got too excited because whilst this was a nice conclusion to the over-arching story of the Oka-Kanes and the Chandlers (AKA the Capulets and Montagues), it lacked the oomph I sought from Gabe and Eve as characters.

Eve has intrigued me from the beginning of book one and I have really enjoyed her character, her growth and her contentment in her physical appearance. Eve grew in terms of confidence and business in this book which was pleasing to read. I really enjoyed the interactions between her and Gabe for the first 50% but then it lost its intensity for me. I must admit, I didn’t really connect with Gabe throughout, which surprised me.

There is much time given to wrapping up this series and tying off all the lose ends which again is good but it felt less Gabe and Eve’s book and more a saga wrap-up.

This series is my first walk with Alisha Rai and I am a fully fledged fan of hers now. I highly recommend this series to all my romance buds, with books one and two being my favourites.

I voluntarily read an early copy of this title.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...