Tuesday 15 December 2015

My Everything by Katie Marsh


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

My EverythingMy Everything by Katie Marsh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've returned a bit to women's fiction this year and this book reminds me why this is a good idea. This book tackles real life but with a poignancy that it is impossible not to get emotionally involved with the characters. This is a story of a mid -thirties married couple who've forgotten why they're together and what was worth getting married for. They're lost and then tragedy strikes. This book was emotionally provoking from the beginning, in particular, it was easy to feel empathy towards Hannah the heroine. On the flip side, I had sympathy for Tom because of his predicament but he had not been a good husband of late.

As the book progresses, the true tale of these two unravels in a timeline of past and present. Lies and truth are told, work invades and freedom beckons. I was constantly eager to get to the present and see where Hannah and Tom were up to. Julie, Tom's sister is a pretty important character but she conjured such irritation in me, although I think that was expected.

This book was fantastic debut from Katie Marsh, well researched and she was willing to narrate life in it's gritty ugliness, yet finding chinks of light. I found it ultimately fulfilling but emotionally provoking. I would love to read more about Tom and Hannah and Katie Marsh.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...