Monday 7 December 2015

Restitutions of the Blood by Lila Richards


REVIEWED BY Becky Cox

Restitutions of the BloodRestitutions of the Blood by Lila Richards
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Restitutions of the Blood is a historical vampire story. In the late 1800s Alex Randall is an only child whose mother is deceased. He returns from university to find his father has remarried a much younger woman who gives him a son. Alex fears that she is after his inheritance. Alex is grossly immature and naive.

His anger and fear of losing his inheritance results is childish behavior and reckless decisions. Alex meets an interesting character Henri St Clair through mutual friends. They have a great intellectual conversation and Alex truly enjoys his company.

I would like to have had more interaction with Henri. I enjoyed his character.

I love historic settings in books and Lila Richards does a wonderful job in describing the time. I love the speech and the clothing and Lila delivers on both. The vampire element doesn't come until late in the book so this is more of an historical story with a bit of romance until later in book, although there are some hints to something dark intertwined throughout. It didn't bother me as I enjoyed Ms. Richards story even if I did want to choke dear Alex a few times for being so childish.

I met some wonderful characters in this story and if there were follow up books in the future I would love to spend more time with them.

I would recommend this book to lovers of historical romance and vampires.

I received a copy for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks
http://joandisalovebooks.com/
http://joandisalovebooks.blogspot.co.uk/

View all my reviews

Amazon US


Amazon UK


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...