Wednesday 16 December 2015

Shiloh by G.J. Walker Smith



REVIEWED BY Becky Cox 

Shiloh (Wishes, #6)Shiloh by G.J. Walker-Smith
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

There are many levels of writing and in my opinion G.J. Walker-Smith's is extraordinary! I don't know how she does it but it is addictive and sets the bar in my mind for other books.

This is the 6th book in the Wishes Series but could be read as a standalone; although I would highly recommend reading the entire series.

Mitchell you meet briefly in the first book, Saving Wishes and then several more times throughout the series. I wanted more Mitchell and was extremely excited to hear that G.J. was giving him his own story.

Mitchell helped Charli through some difficult times and was a great friend to her during times she needed to escape. She returned to New York and Adam but Mitchell stayed in Kaimte living his life on the beach in his shack. He has been there about 7 years when he unexpectedly meets Shiloh.

Shiloh, a fellow Australian, arrives in Kaimte with a mission that didn't include Mitchell. But fate and magic have a way of intervening.
It wouldn't be a Walker-Smith book without a bit of magic; and I don't mean the hocus pocus kind, I mean the universe kind.

Shiloh is a bit different than the other Wishes books but is brilliant nonetheless. When you read any of her books you feel like you know the characters as real people and are invested in their story. All of Walker-Smith's male characters are all wonderful and handsome but each have their own flaw. Be it arrogance, self-centered or naive. Her leading female characters are strong and witty.

I don't know what the difference is because I am no author, but there is something about G.J.'s books that reach inside me and take hold. The plot timelines are realistic and never rushed. I am a sucker for the Australian accent and their terminology has given me a giggle more than once.

If your looking for suspense, angst, romance, a laugh and brilliant writing this is the book for you.


I received an ARC for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks
http://joandisalovebooks.com/
http://joandisalovebooks.blogspot.co.uk/



View all my reviews


Amazon Australia


Amazon UK


Amazon US


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...