Wednesday 30 December 2015

Gerard by Kathi S. Barton



REVIEWED BY Joanne Swinney

Gerard (The Pride of the Double Deuce, #3)Gerard by Kathi S. Barton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm in paranormal heaven. I had seen this book and thought I'd check it out. Oh God loves me, I have found a new Author to stalk, LOL! I read this book in one sitting, I could not put it down.

This is book three in the 'Double Deuce Series', I know I never thought to look, I was just to keen to read something new but never mind after reading, I think I could still pick up book one and two. Lucky me because the characters in this story are definitely ones I want to hear more about.

Gerard is the youngest of his brothers and never thought he would mate so early until the day he couldn't take his eyes off Susie the newest worker on the ranch and another panther shifter. By God he wanted her, his panther wanted her, he was finding it unbelievably hard not to just take her without consent. She had her claws into him without even making any physical contact.

Susie Benjamin a very frightened but strong shifter has had the worst luck anyone could have in one lifetime. Sentenced to jail for a crime she didn't commit. A father that did unspeakable things to a child of his own. Susie was led to believe that what he was doing was right and the law of shifters, yeah it was his law. Evil Ernie that's what I like to call him. The man/shifter is scum and the further Susie is away from him the better.

Gerard's brother, Mason decides to make Susie work at the ranch, hoping he's not making a huge mistake but he senses her fear along with her stubbornness. She's quite possibly the most stubborn woman, he has ever come across.

Susie finds it almost impossible to trust anyone and honestly you wouldn't blame her after everything she's been through, however working at the ranch it's the happiness she's ever been. She knows she will have to move on soon, fearing if she stays that her father will not only beat her bad but also kill the people around her that have been so kind. Gerard is not about to let Susie go. He needs her and if he had to he'd chase her down and drag her back. Don't you just love a strong alpha male going all caveman.

So many unfortunate events take place at the ranch and the Douglas's home town. Theft, Arson, the list is endless but one thing is for certain, no matter what this family and close friends will always be there for each other.

I'm so looking forward to reading more books by this Author. Iv'e been in Paranormal Romance heaven reading this story for that I thank you, Kathi S Barton.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...