Sunday 27 December 2015

Kiss of the Highlander by Karen Marie Moning

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Kiss of the Highlander (Highlander, #4)Kiss of the Highlander by Karen Marie Moning
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

This read has been something of a journey, I started with the audio and managed about 30% but couldn't continue to listen due to the narrator's lack of authentic Scottish accent. Now I realise to Americans it probably sounds realistic, but to those who spend time alongside the accent, it won't cut it. I am sad to see the majority of the series has the same narrator. Once I got to reading the ebook, I enjoyed it much more.

I have previously read book one and some book friends assured me I could jump to Book four if I wished without losing key plot lines and characters. The story of the MacKelters was a fascinating one, with many twists and turns. I sat there with my jaw dropped and head moving back and forth. No one could ever say this story is predictable. The time travel was well written and as believable as it could be. Drustan MacKelter was a perfect highland laird, stubborn, strong and fiercely loyal. Gwen was in some ways an unlikely heroine, not immediately appealing to me, but she certainly grew on me.

There were some ebbs and flows in this book, not always a steady pace with some fast, exciting moments. I was going to give this book four stars but the last 15% blew me away. I thought the final portion of the book made for a spectacular story, ending and ensured that I will continue with the series. I devoured that last section and really didn't want it to end; such a clever conclusion. Karen Marie Moning has impressed me with her skill of character and story development, I look forward to more from her.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...