Saturday 18 November 2017

Constant by Rachel Higginson

REVIEWED BY
Micky Barnard 


Constant (The Confidence Game, #1)Constant by Rachel Higginson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’m part thrilled, part frustrated over where I find myself at the end of CONSTANT. I’m certainly glad
Rachel Higginson made the decision to make this a duet because this an in-depth and intense story. I have to say that end is rather abrupt and felt a little unplanned but I am in utter suspense for what will happen in CONSEQUENCE. As ever, Rachel Higginson can write so well but new fans from her previous two novels (The Opposite of Us etc) will find CONSTANT a little different, a walk on the darker side. The good news is she executed this story well.

The setting for CONSTANT is a Russian crime family/brotherhood. Caroline had no choice in being drawn into a life of crime, she was born into it and she made a superb con artist. Sayer, a boy off the streets, finds food and employment with the Bratva. These two grew through their adolescence together and the story finds them apart many years later. I was completely drawn into this book, I found it difficult to ascertain where my allegiances should go, each character seemed to have bad and good in them. There are dark secrets, twists and I worried intensely for Caro, Frankie and Juliet, in fact I am still in this position.

The Sayer of the present was a compelling hero, bad boy with loyalty who gave an impressive physical presence. It was so hard to trust anyone from the Bratva that it’s an unusual position not being able to feel trust in the main characters but also fun to be in the dark. I highly recommend this as a romantic suspenseful read. Please join me in the wait for February 2018!

A copy of this book was provided by the author in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...