Monday 6 November 2017

The Learning Hours How To Date a Douchebag by Sara Ney



REVIEWED BY Becky Cox 



The Learning Hours (How to Date a Douchebag #3)The Learning Hours by Sara Ney
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The third book in the douchebag series is something of a departure from the previous two books format and it took me a while to ascertain what was going on. What I found is that the heroine is the douchebag in this instalment, as are the friends of the all round nice guy that is Rhett.

Rhett is a southern guy, majoring in languages who speaks French. He isn’t a charmer, he isn’t a looker and now here is the case in point with the heroine. I could not stand Laurel, not one iota, she only looked skin deep and was pretty shallow. What I had to do, was pep-talk myself into agreeing that if I could read a book with a male-jerk and accept the possibility of eventual redemption then I really ought to give Laurel the same chance. So I did.

Rhett, his charcter, his POV kept me engaged throughout. The hazing from his peers was nasty but not too much to take. My eventual feelings towards Laurel were that she was a work in progress, I didn’t like her but I believed in her feelings for Rhett.

Overall, I didn’t expect to like this as much as I did after the first few hours of listening but I liked what Sara Ney did with this book, it prevented it from feeling too similar to the previous books in the series.

The narration was okay. Neither narrators were my favourites but they didn’t annoy me either. I didn’t rate either narrators’ attempts at French but that was a fairly minor point. Overall, I was able to get lost in the story.

A copy of this audiobook was provided by the author in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...