Wednesday 8 November 2017

Hooking Up by Helena Hunting

REVIEWED BY Monique Cashmere 



Hooking UpHooking Up by Helena Hunting
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Yes, Yep and Yeah Baby! I was anticipating this book so much, and it met my criteria for 5 stars completely. We first read about Amie and Lex in Shacking Up and got a little insight to when they first met. Then we got some extra teasers with Eye Candy and the Halloween Ball that is mentioned in this book. So I couldn't wait to read more, and I have affectionately renamed them Willy Wonka and Sexy Lexy!

Poor Amalie thought there wouldn't be any trouble being with a vanilla man and she wouldn’t embarrass her family again. Oh boy was she wrong. She could have been Anarchy Amie all along and had a lot more fun. It is funny how you can be the most confident woman, but with the wrong man can set you back and doubt your self worth. Regardless, I loved Amie in all her capacities. She was a charmer, dedicated and loyal woman who just wanted someone that she could revere with. I believe she would find that in Lexington if there wasn't so much baggage, and I am not talking about her bag of tricks. Lex has such a tender sole and I loved how he was a devoted family man who protects the ones he loves. He was also flirty with a dirty mouth! The chemistry was electric and I was drawn in with their banter and felt for them while douchebag Armstrong was playing games.

This is a standalone novel and I would even say a second change romance / rom-com. I would recommend you read Shacking Up as well, only because those characters are awesome as well. I have a feeling that the third Mills brother Griffin might be next in line with an Up book. Can not wait.

*I received a copy for an honest review.
**Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...