Thursday 16 November 2017

Bodyguard by C.D. Reiss

REVIEWED BY 
Monique Cashmere



Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)Bodyguard by C.D. Reiss
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the second book in the Hollywood A-List series and it is a complete standalone. Two of the previous books characters get a short mention being in the Hollywood scene, but this time we have a choreographer with a crazy ex boyfriend and a bodyguard to protector her from the creep.

Carter Kincaid was it for me. He was the type of male lead that keeps me turning the pages to learn more about him. He was the best father, in every sense of the word, and I loved his commitment with his son. That same commitment and passion flows throw when he meets and falls for the Tiny Dancer.

Emily was dedicated to her craft and her best friend. Which happened to be one and the same. She worked for her bestie Darlene as her choreographer on her tours with the band. Truth be known, she could have been a star too, but her ex didn’t like sharing. I felt for her because even though she was happy with her job, she was lonely and a little lost.

There were a couple of secondary characters and my favorite was Phin. He was a delight and just gorgeous! But what let it down for me was I felt this story was a little disjointed at times, it didn’t flow as well as the first book. That also made it hard for me to feel the chemistry between the two leads. It took me a while to connect, but once I did, I was fully invested. This is definitely worth the read.

*I received a copy from the publisher via NetGalley for an honest review.

**Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews




No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...