Thursday 16 November 2017

Holiday Wishes by Jill Shalvis

REVIEWED BY
Micky Barnard


Holiday Wishes (Heartbreaker Bay, #4.5)Holiday Wishes by Jill Shalvis
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

If you’re in the mood for a quick novella that has a Christmas theme, then HOLIDAY WISHES may be what you are looking for. Add to those themes some second chance romance and you should be winning. What I found was that HOLIDAY WISHES was light, a complete story but it didnt knock my socks off.

I was pleasantly entertained and mildly interested in the characters but no more. There was predictability and insta-convenience. Now, HOLIDAY WISHES is a novella of a series that I haven’t read, but it is also pitched as a standalone. I had no problem reading and understanding the characters from a standalone perspective, however I don’t doubt that it is probably more enjoyable when you know the backstories of the side characters. Fans of the series will probably find this really does float their boat, but in isolation, it didn’t float mine very far. All this said, I have different needs from a holiday novella than I do a full book which is why it garnered a 3 star rating.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher through Edelweiss, in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...