Wednesday 29 November 2017

The Bachelor Contract by Rachel Van Dyken

REVIEWED BY
Melinda Lazar 



The Bachelor Contract (The Bachelors of Arizona, #3)The Bachelor Contract by Rachel Van Dyken
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The Bachelor Contract by Rachel Van Dyken

Saddens me that I didn't love this one and I can tell you the reason why: Brandt was such an asshole and not in an 'oh, he's so damn grouchy and alpha and I love him' way. No. From the previous books, we knew he had surliness down to a fine art but in TBC, he was really mean and intentionally hurtful to Nikki and I can't like such a 'hero'. I understood the reasons behind his demeanor and what made him so broken, but I think a lot of it was uncalled for. Then he turned a new leaf which would have been great except it was so rushed that it didn't feel organic. It was like RVD thought that at X point in the book, Brandt will turn into a decent human being and that's what she wrote but it didn't feel genuine at all. I liked Nikki's character but she annoyed me at times with her incessant crying and letting Brandt treat her poorly then going back for more. Honestly, the star of this book is (as always) Grandma Nadine - she's the bees (arthritic) knees.

This book was a miss for me and I can't honestly bring myself to recommend it.

*arc received from publisher via Netgalley in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews


AMAZON

AMAZON UK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...