Thursday 23 November 2017

The Rivalry by Nikki Sloane

REVIEWED BY 
Melinda Lazar 



The RivalryThe Rivalry by Nikki Sloane
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Rivalry by Nikki Sloane
2.5-3*

On paper, this book was absolutely my favorite kind of read. Unfortunately, it wasn't quite what I'd anticipated. Although I adore reading sports romances and I understand the rivalry between various colleges, it seem really extreme and contrived in this book. Maybe it's because I don't actually watch the sports but I don't think that was it.

I thought Jay as a main character was great. He was one hell of an athlete, he was sexy, he was sensible. Most importantly, he did not come up with ridiculous excuses of college rivalry to avoid a relationship with Kayla.

Kayla, bless her little pompoms, managed to grate on my nerves as did, oddly enough, her mother. I can understand some friendly rivalry, but this was extreme and immature and unwarranted. It seemed like every time she was about to fall into something with him, the rivalry would rear its ugly head. I get it, it's the title of the book, for God's sake but still. Too much.

I do enjoy Sloane's writing and this doesn't mean I won't be picking up her next, but I will say that The Rivalry fell a little short of expectations for me.

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews


AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...