Monday 9 November 2015

Verum by Courtney Cole

REVIEWED BY Micky Bernard

Verum (The Nocte Trilogy, #2)Verum by Courtney Cole
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What oh what did I just read? This has been some clever mind trickery, where I basically didn't quite know what was happening but felt that I had some facts established. But no, those facts weren't facts, it was a spooky mist of deception.

Dare brings Calla to their shared family estate in England to heal and recover from the truth of her losses. The family estate however is not a place of peace and restoration. Her grandmother is aloof and cold, the housekeeper is plain odd and Dare is not himself. Calla feels watched, unsettled and increasingly confused (I'm with you, Calla!).

I thoroughly enjoyed being in the dark in this book because reading in the moment was just so interesting. It is a fast pace and I was definitely hooked. This book had the mother of all endings so once again I'm grateful to be able to run straight into Initium.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R2VT043R9GVF8H/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...