Thursday 26 November 2015

Corrupt by Penelope Douglas


REVIEWED By Isa Jones 


CorruptCorrupt by Penelope Douglas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

One Word,

INTENSE

This is a real crude, cathartic, and extremely chilling story.
If you love straightforward plots and traditional happy endings you are best advised to avoid this book, you have been warned. However if you like twisted, dark, crude, honest and fast paced romantic tales, then you must download this and get ready for a wild ride!

I didn't read any of the reviews before I read this book as I knew by the blurb it was going to be different, so I didn't want anything clouding my judgement or giving me a glimpse into what I was about to read.
I'm not keen on writing spoilers and it would present a very hard test for me to write a detailed review without giving things away.

All I have to say is, You can't escape your fate, misunderstandings can be extremely dangerous, and regardless of what a person throws at you, if you love them with every fibre of your being, nothing will ever change that, on the contrary it will become a stronger feeling and something that will give you purpose.

Each character in this book was brilliantly written and I look at the prospect of reading more about each one. The leads where fantastic and each paragraph and chapter where they interacted was more explosive each time which certainly built the momentum and the tension urging you on and keeping you interested. Loved having the story from both POV's.

Movies like The Hole, The Covenant, The Count Of Monte Cristo, all have taught us what people do when seeking revenge, it eats at your soul and hinders your ability to see beyond the hate. I found this book residing in a grey area between a psychological thriller, a romantic drama or a straight-ahead dark romantic suspense; I veer to the latter and I thank the Author for making it a standalone one.

So, can I convince you and corrupt you into giving this book a chance? I can assure you won't be disappointed.

Well done Penelope Douglas for not tapping out and writing a formidable story!

5 NAIL BITTING STARS! Isalovesbooks

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...