Monday 30 November 2015

When The Chips are Down by Beth Rinyu


REVIEWED BY Monique Cashmere


When the Chips are Down (Three of a Kind, #1)When the Chips are Down by Beth Rinyu
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Have you ever wondered what happened to your high school crush? What would you do if you bumped into him again after 20 years? Would he be the same cheeky, smart alec boy, or had he matured?

Melanie Hanson has had a big year. Her marriage of 18 or so years has ended. She has moved her twin girls back to be close to her home town. She is now part owner of a bridal shop with her mother. One thing that has been a constant - her bestie Jodi.

Jodi convinces Mel to take a trip to Mexico and to start to live her life again. And you know the old saying, What happens in Mexico, Stays in Mexico - Or does it?!!!

This story is about a woman in her late 30's having to find her feet after her marriage ends, and hopefully finding love again, even if it is with the boy she loved to hate in high school.

I picked this book up on a lazy Sunday and decided it was so much more better than doing my ironing. I was hooked from the start. I loved that we got a varied narrative with the different POV's. I also enjoyed the characters and the banter they had together. This book had me giggling, smiling and it also brought a tear or two to my eyes. So all in all - it was a fabulous read and I recommend it highly.

I received a copy for an honest review.
Reviewed for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews





No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...