Monday 9 November 2015

The End Game by Kate McCarthy

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

The End GameThe End Game by Kate McCarthy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the perfect book if you're in the mood for a NA sports romance. It delivers interesting characters with depth, a girl jock soccer player (I'm British, it grates saying soccer but it's necessary to differentiate between the characters) and a boy football star. Brody has dyslexia and is barely scraping through his studies that enable him to play football. Can I just say that I detest labels of all description so the fact he was constantly referred to as dyslexic in the book did irritate me, he was much more than dyslexia, so say "Brody has dyslexia" rather than "Brody is dyslexic". Soapbox stowed. Jordan is an Aussie, over on a sports scholarship to play soccer. These two have complex backgrounds that affect their ability to develop relationships.

As with any NA sports romance, there was a level of predictability but this didn't interfere with the enjoyment of this read. Brody's spiral downwards was crushing and the nature of his demise was quite angst-filled. I enjoyed the writing and I'm definitely interested in reading more by Kate McCarthy.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/RZ9QTAQ3RIGSE/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...