Wednesday 18 November 2015

The Rooster Club; The Best Cocks in Town by N.M Catalano


REVIEWED BY Tam Tam

The Rooster Club, The Best Cocks in TownThe Rooster Club, The Best Cocks in Town by N.M. Catalano
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The title of this book threw me off a little when I first read it. I expected it to be a book that fits most molds and was very pleasantly surprised that it did not! This book had all of the excess of being young and free in the 1980's with lots of sex and drugs. However, what I enjoyed about this book was the story behind all of that. Michael did not have a traditional home life and was forced to make it on his own at a young age. This influenced his decisions and even addictions he had to deal with (and its consequences) as he got older. Natalie was much more naive in her upbringing, but these two were undeniably drawn together despite their differences. As they are reunited as adults, this story takes you on the ups and downs of their relationship in the heyday of 'The Rooster Club' and has you hoping they can get it right in the end.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...