Tuesday 13 June 2017

A Boy Like You by Ginger Scott

REVIEWED BY Monique Cashmere



A Boy Like You (Like Us, #1)A Boy Like You by Ginger Scott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Josselyn Winters is a nine year old girl with everything ahead of her. She can run like the wind, and play ball exceptionally well. One afternoon, everything changes and her world is turned upside down. Her near death experience was only the start of her life crashing around her. She didn't even get to say thank you to her savior, Christopher, as he also disappears from her life.

Now a seventeen year old rebel, Joss is struggling with her everyday life and existence. Her father is not around much to help her, especially with her chosen sport where he is a master at coaching. One night after a harrowing day, Joss is again close to death, but the new kid in town, Wes saves her life. It all seems a little familiar to her. Just as things are looking up for Joss, with her dad and Wes, tragedy strikes once more for her and she feels like she has lost everything again.

My younger self can relate to Joss in some ways and I just wanted to hug her and tell her things will work out. She may have been struggling, but she is a survivor and a strong willed young woman. I also loved her sassiness. She was quick witted with a sharp tongue. This sweet YA romance wouldn't have worked so well without Wes. He was kind, loyal and adorable. He is what every girl would want for their first, and maybe only, boyfriend.

This book ends on a cliffhanger, but I am lucky enough to be able to go into book two without the wait. Bonus for me! And even though it is late at night right now, I am still going to start book two straight away. So you can surmise that I would recommend this book highly.


*I received a copy for an honest review.
**Reviewed for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...