Tuesday 27 June 2017

Elpida by C. Kennedy

REVIEWED BY Joanne Swinney 



Elpída (Elpida, #3)Elpída by C. Kennedy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A life without hope would be sad indeed. A life without people like Michael Sattler would be the saddest of all.

This is the final instalment of the Elpida Series and is about Christy Castle and his battle to live a normal life after suffering incomprehensible abuse, but through this journey that I have taken with every beat of my heart, Michael has stole my breath away many times.

Author Cody Kennedy has a deep empathy for his characters that reaches me on every emotional level, the fear, the tears, the love, I feel it all while reading his words. I believe this to be the greatest gift that a writer could ever achieve. This whole series has had me gripped from the start and I am pleased to say that this book was just what I needed to lay this story to rest.

I think everyone had hoped especially Michael that after Christy’s rescue from the monstrous Yosef, honestly monstrous just doesn’t even cover this despicable excuse for a human, life would be back on track for them, but unfortunately it was far from over.

If you have read the previous two books in this series, Omorphi book one and Tharros book two you will know of a young boy called Thimi. Christy believed that Thimi was dead, since finding out that he is still alive, he wishes to look after Thimi. This is a huge ask for anyone, these are not normal circumstances. We aren’t talking just about feeding and clothing this young boy, he has suffered the worst abuse imaginable, in fact it’s unthinkable. The support he will need will use all of what Christy has and could potentially affect his own recovery.

Michael is feeling lonely since Thimi has shown up. Christy is completely worn out, and considering everything Michael has endured himself since starting a relationship with Christy certainly hasn’t been easy for him either. Michael is my hero, he is the best kind of person.. I hope that anyone finding themselves in bad situation has a Michael just waiting to be their rock.

Hope such a small word, but with so much meaning to someone like Christy. I hope that anyone suffering any form abuse seeks help. Not every person is evil, find that good person and tell them what is happening to you. No one should ever have to suffer at the hands of another.

Author Cody Kennedy you are one in a million. Thank you for sharing the Elpida Series. It will be one of the most memorable series to date.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...