Tuesday 27 June 2017

The Knocked up Plan by Lauren Blakely

REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar 



The Knocked up PlanThe Knocked up Plan by Lauren Blakely
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Knocked Up Plan by Lauren Blakely.

I don't know where to even begin with this review. This was absolutely everything I've come to expect from a Blakely book and then some. We have Nicole, a mating and dating columnist and Ryder, a relationship consultant: they are coworkers at Hanky Panky Love - a more apt radio station name I've yet to come across. They are fabulous friends and while Nicole thinks Ryder is sex on legs and Ryder thinks Nicole has the sexiest legs, they've never crossed the ping pong line.

Until.....

Nicole is very happily single and has never been in love. However, she does want children of her own and is looking at IVF options, and by options I mean sperm donors. Unfortunately, none of the donors she's considering meet all of her criteria. She has a lightbulb moment and wonders if Ryder would be willing to provide his specimen for purposes of reproduction. It's all very black and white, clinical, and straightforward until Ryder is presented with the proposal. While Ryder enjoys most aspects of his job, his show has been more about sex and not so much about intimacy. He has been given the option to shape up or ship out of Hanky Panky Love. In order to turn the tone of the show around, he's to take a woman on ten dates and woo her, reporting back to the masses on intimacy and feelings. The two make a new agreement to enjoy the dates together and work on Nicole's desire for a baby at the same time.

I have to say that I enjoyed their dates almost as much as they did. I also love that (and anyone who follows Blakely on social media will know this) the authors love for animals comes across on the pages. The pets are like well loved family members with a personality of their own and frankly, I think it's the sweetest thing ever.

Blakely had me in tears of laughter and tears of heartache from the very first page. I have never felt so invested in a relationship and with two characters - both individually and as a couple - before. Maybe I could relate to certain aspects and that made it all the more satisfying. Whatever the reason, I feel like the romance and the fun and the steaminess has catapulted The Knocked Up Plan to my newest favorite Blakely RomCom. You can absolutely read this as a standalone although characters that we've met in previous books do pop in for a quick cameo.

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.


View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R3QUUB6XETLP6S/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R5BWAFA2MYAM8/ref=pe_1572281_66412651_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...