Tuesday 27 June 2017

Scored by Marquita Valentine

REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar 


ScoredScored by Marquita Valentine
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Scored by Marquita Valentine
4-4.5*

It's been such a long time since I read this authors work and now that I've read Scored, it's served as a reminder of why I used to devour her books and stalk for new releases religiously. This book had me engrossed from the prologue and had me fully invested in the couple.

Dallas is the tight-end for the Raleigh Renegades and is your typical playboy. He meets quirky librarian, Paige when he goes to scope out the potential space for a fundraiser that's close to his heart. Paige, as it happens, is in handcuffs and immediately catches the keen eye of Dallas. However! Not only is Paige uninterested in Dallas because he's a player in every sense of the word, she's also been warned off him (and all players, really) by her sister who is also publicist for a few members of the Renegades, including Dallas.

What did I like about this book? Pretty much everything! The characters were so very likable; I loved the strong sense of family on Dallas' part and I enjoy reading about strong women with good friends behind them. There was some truly laugh out loud moments and some seriously hot sexy-times. I enjoyed Paige's personality and really loved Dallas with his dirty one-liners and his gorgeous heart! What did I dislike? This is very minor but I don't care for characters who let siblings have too much control over their lives and decisions. I get that it adds an element of forbidden when there's someone who doesn't approve of a relationship and while this wasn't exactly a matter of control, I was a tad annoyed that Paige was making decisions based on her sister. However, I liked Paige so much that I got over it easily enough.

I saw that this is a standalone: this is so unacceptable!!! I really hope that Valentine eventually writes the stories of some of the characters we met in this book because to say I'm eager for more is an understatement.

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews


https://www.amazon.com/review/RUG5BGDT1GZYX/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...