Friday 9 June 2017

My Best Friend's Ex by Meghan Quinn

REVIEWED BY Tina Shobe 



My Best Friend's ExMy Best Friend's Ex by Meghan Quinn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Emma is in her last semester of nursing school when she's faced with an eviction notice. She's having trouble finding another place to live when she runs into her old friend, Tucker when she's out with friends. He invites her to move into his home.

Tucker is still hung up on his ex-girlfriend and hasn't dealt with a devastating loss. She has moved on without him and he just can't seem to get there. My heart ached for him.

The banter these two have is absolutely hilarious. Then add in the secondary characters (Adalyn, Racer, Smalls) with their interactions and there are many laugh out loud moments.

Being roommates leads to spending lots of time together which leads to a build up of sexual attraction. Tucker has no problem showing Emma how much she means to him but is unable to communicate it.

The author does a fantastic job with Tucker and the steps he goes through to deal with his past so he can move forward. I was brought to tears.

This is a wonderfully written book. I was drawn into the story right from the beginning. It was very hard to put down. I absolutely love when an author has the ability to affect my emotions. There was periods in the story that I was gutted, teary eyed or laughing.


View all my reviews

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/review/R1FB7QVULEBKZI/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0714P6JDG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...