Tuesday 13 June 2017

Way Down Deep by Charlotte Stein

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard


Way Down DeepWay Down Deep by Charlotte Stein
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Conceptually, this was clever and the blurb just dragged me into requesting to read and review. As a fan of Cara McKenna, I wanted to love this book but the result was like. The concept and context are two damaged strangers who begin a tentative texting friendship following a circumstantial finding of one another's numbers. There is much masked for quite some time in this read: who are the characters, what gender are they, will they ever meet?

There was power in the writing of this book, the writing was mainly strong, after all, there was only dialogue in this book, no thoughts, introspection or narrative that wasn't dialogue. I was utterly captured by the man and his boy story, for me, that was what I loved most about this story. In fact, I wanted more of the man and boy. There was some significant chemistry between the two texting and this grew in a tangible way that I believed the connection and growth of affection.

The first quarter of the book I found to be slow going but I did become invested and I enjoyed the final quarter the most.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher through netgalley in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...