Tuesday 27 June 2017

Broken by April Wilson Narrated by Alice Parker

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard


Broken (McIntyre Security Bodyguard #3)Broken by April Wilson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is my first listen/read by April Wilson and I have to say this book was something of a gem. Although it is third in the series, it stands alone perfectly well. What immediately drew me into the story was the idea of a rather small but super-trained and strong, female bodyguard. Lia had prickles that screamed 'do not touch' but she was some woman and the true definition of a strong heroine.

Lia is body-guarding for a music sensation. This is not my favourite kind of hero but surprisingly, Jonah blew my preconceptions out of the water, with humility and a desire to be out of the spotlight and away from social media manipulations. In some ways Jonah was a beta kind of hero but he was likeable nonetheless.

The backstories to these two were interesting and Lia's in particular was compelling and somewhat tragic. I loved the story, the pace and writing. The chemistry was well written and tangible too.

The narration was single POV, single narration and Alice Parker was perfect for this. She narrated the male dialogue really well that I just slipped into the story seamlessly.

A copy of this audiobook was provided by the author in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

http://www.audible.co.uk/listener/A2OKSANI1041IT?ref_=a_lib_mst_tnaft_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...