Tuesday 13 June 2017

Dear Aaron by Mariana Zapata

REVIEWED BY Monique Cashmere


Dear AaronDear Aaron by Mariana Zapata
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved it! And I loved it HARD. Not because it was a Mariana Zapata novel, which I have only recently discovered and cherish each and every one of them. It was because of the words on the page, and how superb they were, every single one of them.

It is not a spoiler to say that the first third of this book is letters, emails and messages between a young woman in Houston and an Army Staff Sergeant stationed overseas. I found it a refreshing and clever way to get to know these two characters and how they interacted was realistic and authentic and funny. Ruby and Aaron form a budding friendship that turns into being best friends and sounding boards for problems they are both facing.

I respected these characters immensely. We all have different personalities and not everyone is overly confident and out going. It takes some life experiences and maturing to find out who we are. I get that, especially when Rubes was at the airport...... OMGosh, I felt for her. I have been that girl. I have had that feeling of not knowing what to do next, did I make the wrong choice, and everything else she felt in that moment. My heart thumping right along with her. Aaron is my choice of a partner. He was respectful, endearing, witty and supportive. He is nudging The Wall off my top shelf some.

True to form for a MZ book, it took a while for them to become a couple, but when they did, magic. I wasn't sure about the ending when I finished, but on reflection, I think it ended perfectly for these two. It came full circle and reading between the lines, I am happy for them. I only have one more book from MZ's collection to round them out, and I can't Wait For It!

*Reviewed for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...