Thursday 1 June 2017

When It's Real by Erin Watt

REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar 



When It's RealWhen It's Real by Erin Watt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When It's Real by Erin Watt

This is my first book by this duo and is one I quite enjoyed. It's the story of bad boy pop star, Oakley and the proverbial girl next door, Vaughn. Oakley's management team have decided that he needs an image overhaul and believe the best way to do this is to recruit the sister of one their staff to this new role of pretend girlfriend. They're hopeful that Vaughn, with her innocence and wholesome looks will present a softer and somewhat tamed side to Oak. This is actually a mutually advantageous pairing: Oak gets a cleaner image presented to the world and, with the money she'll be getting paid, Vaughn can contribute greatly to her family situation.

I really liked the characters even when they weren't at their most likable, for example Oak at his douchiest was still a likable guy! And while many would have kowtowed to Oak and his fame, Vaughn certainly held her own and gave as good as she got. A pushover she was not.

Overall, I thought this was a great read and it's certainly encouraged me to bump up the duo's previous books on my TBR. I found the writing style engaging and it had me eager to keep returning back to the story.

*arc received from Netgalley in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R2S89D8SB3S9YX/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...