Tuesday 27 June 2017

Sugar & Gold by Emma Scott

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard



Sugar & Gold (Dreamcatcher, #2)Sugar & Gold by Emma Scott
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

SUGAR & GOLD was such an unusual story that I was grabbed by the uniqueness very early on. This is light-touch PNR with an equal contemporary feel. Nik has a gift that is really a curse and his nomadic lifestyle helps him to just deal with existing. Nik rides into town and he and Fiona cross paths. Fiona was a mouse in some ways but eventually a fierceness emerged and despite her desire to just sink into the background, she had substance and I did like her very much. I wanted life to be fair to her and for her to be safe. Nik was a troubled guy but there was more to his and Fiona's connection that just chemistry and I must say the chemistry was electric. Nik was the character that immediately drew me in, I loved him.

The story was largely unpredictable and I enjoyed that sense of fog about what would happen. The emotions of the characters were so well written that I felt it all. The highs were great but the lows made me feel hopeless. Emma Scott can write these emotions so that the resonnance just vibrates through.

The connection of book one to book two is tenuous as the characters standalone, yet I must advise reading in order to fully enjoy Evan's place in the story. I enjoyed the small snapshot into Evan's life.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher through netgalley in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...