Saturday 22 August 2015

Dopey Woman by Laura Barnard

REVIEWED BY Monique Cashmere

Dopey WomenDopey Women by Laura Barnard
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Sadie is an Office Manager who unfortunately is made redundant along with her girls. A couple of months later, she runs into them again at the local job centre. Neither has found employment as yet. After taking sometime to catch up, they come up with a scheme to make money - maybe not everyone's cup of tea.
In the process, Sadie meets DC Harry Mackenzie who is investigating a lead for the drug squad.

The girls get caught up in a world they never wanted to be involved in, and with every great Laura book, get themselves into predicaments that will make you laugh, cry and laugh again, with a touch of swooning. With Sadie's unconventional upbringing, she thought she could handle this new venture, but once you are involved, there is no going back, even if she wanted to.

What I loved about this book, and every Laura book is the camaraderie between the characters and the hilarious dilemmas they go through. I love her male leads, and this one wasn't shaping up well, but hang in there, as he has a lot of growth within the book. I only wish there was more of the couple, as they were so sweet. I love to read Laura's books, and even though this wasn't my favourite, I recommend it highly for a fun read.


Author provided a copy for an honest review.
Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...