Monday 31 August 2015

Running On Empty by L.B. Simmons

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Running on Empty (Mending Hearts, #1)Running on Empty by L.B. Simmons
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

This book was one of those reads where you want the world to switch off whilst you lose yourself in the story. It is a story of hearts healing after a terrible bereavement, learning that it's okay to feel again and old friends to something more. It was a story that didn't feel repetitive with characters I completely loved. Alex is the broken widower with three young children, just existing as a person but giving her all as a Mom. Blake is her old childhood friend back in town but Alex wants him at arms length. Blake for me was a 'dream man', not unrealistic, but described in such an enticing way with a great characteristics, that I fell for him! Sometimes the children in a book are pure background but these three girls were key to rekindling friendships and finding a new way of living. I loved them.

LB Simmons can surely write sizzling sexual tension and it bubbled perfectly through the book. I devoured this read and I'm certainly going to read more from this author.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R213NVDB143E5B/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...